The Fisheries Analysis is a more detailed sample designed for larger ponds and lakes. Our fisheries biologists will conduct an electrofishing survey around selected shoreline or shallow areas of the lake. Water samples are taken to determine basic water quality and overall habitat is assessed throughout the survey areas. Potential Add On’s: Aging Scales, Tagging Fish, Largemouth Bass Genetic Analysis (Southern Offices Only).
- Water quality analysis includes: pH, alkalinity, hardness, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, oxygen/temperature profile, and water clarity
- Electrofishing as needed for adequate sample
- Length & Weight analysis of important species in fish community
- Data summarized and presented in table and graph form
- A complete report describing and interpreting findings with recommendations
The Snap-Shot Survey is a brief, inexpensive electrofishing sample designed for ponds less than one acre in size. Our fisheries biologists will conduct electrofishing for up to 30 minutes to identify possible problems and solutions within the pond’s fishery.
- Brief electrofishing survey (maximum 30 minutes)
- Length and weight analysis of selected species
- Data summarized in table form
- Two page report with recommendations